I love it when a plan comes together! Thanks so much to everyone for your support of our first-ever County Pop this past Saturday at the Crystal Palace! Everything went so well and the feedback on the event has been so positive.
This event was truly all ages, and it was so great to see families dancing, singing and simply hanging out on a such a beautiful day with the clear daylight streaming onto those historic walls of the Crystal Palace.
Some specific thanks go out to:
- Emily Sanderson, Joanne Dullard (and their kids Maeve & Spencer) for working the front gate and greeting everyone
- Jen Sills and AJ Clark for their volunteer assistance as greeters/helpers at both the North and East gates.
- Annelise Noronha for volunteering as our Stage Manager and technical stage assistant.
- Krista Dalby and Suzanne Larner for running our kids area, sponsored by The County.
- Our food vendors including The Drake, PICNIC, Jamie Kennedy Fries, Pink Lunch Pail, PELC Pops! Popcorn and County Cupboard Lemonade.
- Ian Pattison from the Banjo Mechanics for doing such an amazing display of his custom hand-crafted banjos.
- County T-Shirts for doing our event poster and t-shirts.
- Joel Yearsley for doing sound.
- Our beverage sponsors Norman Hardie, County Cider and Barley Days Brewery.
- Key sponsors that helped us spread the word about the event including County FM 99.3, The Times, The Gazette, The Bay of Quinte, The Regent Theatre, Books & Company.
- Isabelle Patton for helping collect all the great stuff in our swag bag. Also thanks to all our swag bags participants. Click here to read the full list!
- FACTOR Canada for their sponsorship support. We acknowledge the financial support of Canada's private radio broadcasters.
- Flyby.ca and my brother Bob for helping us with our County Pop commercial.
- The amazing upcycled textile art that framed our County Pop stage painstakingly hand-created by Suendrini Goonesekera - http://suendrini.com.
- The super cool led-fired and Arduino-controlled County Pop sign/lettering created by my brother Albert.
- The Crystal Palace staff for helping us run a safe, clean and fun event in such a beautiful building.
- $1 from every ticket purchased went to support the work of the Prince Edward Learning Centre. Thanks to them for supporting efforts to provide adult learning opportunties in PEC, and thank you for buying a ticket!
- All of our artists including the Banjo Mechanics, Instant Rivalry, Communism, Justin Rutledge and Ron Sexsmith. Our local guest artists included Mark Despault (played with Banjo Mechanics and Instant Rivalry), Jeremie Albino (played with Communism) and Jeremy Kelley (played with Justin Rutledge).
- Finally, I'd like to thank Lori Farrington, Helen Hawketts and Emily Sanderson for helping with event organization and execution on so many different levels, with so many different tasks.
Speaking directly with so many of you on Saturday, it was so great to hear your stories, comments and suggestions. Please keep them coming anytime by sending a note to email@example.com. I'd love to know what you thought we did well, and what you think we could do better.
Stay tuned for County Pop 2017! (...and see you at www.sandbanksmusicfest.com on September 17)
Want to buy a 2016 County Pop t-shirt for only $10? Click here. $1 from each sale goes to PELC!
Also - Take a look at the first cut of our 'County Pop 2016 Photo Time Capsule' featuring the best pictures from the day.