County Pop 2016
Our very first event was held on April 30, 2016 at the Crystal Palace, Picton
The 2016 music lineup included:
1. Ron Sexsmith (Toronto) - Visit artist website
2. Justin Rutledge (PEC) - View artist website
3. Communism (Toronto) - View artist website
4. Instant Rivalry (PEC) - View artist website
5. Banjo Mechanics (Guelph) - View artist website
Our local guest artists included Mark Despault (played with Banjo Mechanics and Instant Rivalry), Jeremie Albino (played with Communism) and Jeremy Kelley (played with Justin Rutledge).
This event was truly all ages, and it was so great to see families dancing, singing and simply hanging out on a such a beautiful day with the clear daylight streaming onto those historic walls of the Crystal Palace.
- Krista Dalby and Suzanne Larner ran our free all-day Kids Zone, sponsored by The County.
- Our food vendors including The Drake, PICNIC, Jamie Kennedy Fries, Pink Lunch Pail, PELC Pops! Popcorn and Lemonade Dave.
- Ian Pattison from the Banjo Mechanics made an amazing display of his custom hand-crafted banjos.
- County T-Shirts created our event poster and t-shirts.
- Our beverage sponsors were Norman Hardie, County Cider and Barley Days Brewery.
- Key sponsors that helped us spread the word about the event including County FM 99.3, The Times, The Gazette, The Bay of Quinte, The Regent Theatre, Books & Company.
- We had a great 2016 swag bag featuring products from great local businesses including Vicki's Veggies, Cured Smokehouse, TD Bank, Pink Lunk Pail, Vintage Map Co, The Drake Devonshire, County Cider, Books and Company, Miss Lily's Cafe, County Cartoon, Kelly's Shop, Pet Value, Zest Kitchen Shop, Phil Norton Photography, Marmelade Comic-zine, Zunior.com. Thanks for your support!
- The stage featured amazing upcycled textile art that framed our County Pop stage painstakingly hand-created by Suendrini Goonesekera - http://suendrini.com.
- $1 from every ticket purchased went to support the work of the Prince Edward Learning Centre. Thanks to them for supporting efforts to provide adult learning opportunties in PEC, and thank you for buying a ticket!
We even made a 2016 video time capsule featuring photos taken by everyone that came to show! Thanks again to everyone that submitted shots and used our hashtag #countypop on social media.
We also made a commercial for our 2016 event that played online and in locations all over PEC including The Regent Theatre.
Here is the story of the 2016 stage artwork by Suendrini.
Finally, here is our amazing 2016 poster created by Ken Hudson from County T-Shirt Company!
Other Local Events Presented by Zunior.com
County Pop is presented by the same team that created the late summer event called Sandbanks Music Festival, which will be held this year on Saturday, September 16. Learn more about our team here!