Come join us on Saturday, May 4, 2019 in the heart of the County at the historic Crystal Palace to participate in the timeless tradition of revelling in music, food and family to welcome the magic that is springtime in the County.
County Pop features both established Canadian acts and local music in an environment with top quality sound, innovative lighting and one-of-a-kind artistic stage design. It is a County Pop tradition to see local musicians doing guest appearances with our out-of-town performers to create memorable performances that you won't see anywhere else.
Our 2019 headliner is the multi-album Juno-nominated pop/folk/jazz musical shapeshifter Jill Barber. This Canadian singer-songwriter has released nine acclaimed full length albums, and toured around the world. She is signed to the Outside Music Label from Toronto.
Our 2019 bill includes artist from all over Canada and Prince Edward County! The main stage includes The Peter Elkas Band (Toronto), The Durham County Poets (Chateauguay Valley, Quebec), Grace Bongard (PEC), The Layrite Boys (Toronto). Our second Songwriter's Stage will include all local artists including Norris & Jones, Lori Farrington, Travis Hamel, Nicole Lisa Craig.
We've got a whole collection of unique kids programming that will not just keep it fun for young people, but enrich the experience for everyone.
Here's what we have lined up:
1. Rock Capes - Kids will get a chance to create their own rock capes working with our textile artist Krista Dalby! All junior artistes will get to keep their creations as a momento of their time at County Pop!
2. Artistic Face Painting - We have brought in a real honest-to-goodness artist that will take face painting up a notch. We're not just talking about cute cat faces, but real one-of-a-kind temporary music-themed masterpieces that the kids will love. This walking art will make put a smile on the face of everyone and the whole place will feel like a true rock show!
3. BACK FOR 2019! - "The Little Rock Room" - Have your kids ever tried playing on real drums, real guitars, real bass, and real amplified vocals? Well, back for 2019 we are setting a tiny stage in a tent called 'The Little Rock Room' filled with real BUT KID-SIZED ROCK INSTRUMENTS (like these drums!) that your kids can play, or you can play with your kids. Stay tuned for more details.
County Pop 2019 Tickets
The event will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2019
Main Stage Lineup - Bands start at 3:30 pm and finish by 8:30 pm!
1. Jill Barber (Vancouver) - Visit artist website
2. The Peter Elkas Band (Toronto) - Visit artist website
3. The Durham County Poets (Chateauguay Valley, Quebec) - View artist website
4. Grace Bongard (PEC) - View artist website
5. The Layrite Boys (Toronto) - View artist website
Songwriters’ Stage Lineup - Featuring all local artists!
For 2019 we will once again have our second stage featuring all local Prince Edward County musicians! This stage will be mostly acoustic and you'll be able to see our performers in the Bluebird Room on a small intimate stage, in time slots set during the changeovers on the Main Stage. This means you'll get to see more music!
Doors Open - 3:30 pm
County Pop will make a charity donation of $1 for every ticket sold to Prince Edward Learning Centre. We love the work they do to support adult learning in The County and you can learn more about them by clicking right here
Children under 12 accompanied by an adult are free!
Please note that parking is free!
Advance tickets are non-refundable.
Your advance e-tickets will be delivered via email and you can print out to provide at the gate. All e-tickets display a unique QR code which we will use to scan at the gate.
NOTE - Advance County Pop tickets are also available locally at Books & Company (289 Main Street). Stop by and say hello!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about tickets.